Multiple Implants | Implant Dentures | Implant Procedures
Sydney’s Trusted Practice for Dental Implant Bridges
What is an implant supported bridge?
This is a dental bridge supported by implants placed in the jawbone. Unlike normal versions, which require cutting adjacent good teeth to form a bridge, an implant bridge does not require preparing existing teeth. Therefore, it presents a much more preferable, stable and permanent solution for replacing multiple missing teeth.
Why choose these implants?
Under normal circumstances, it would be best to have separate implants for each individual tooth. However, there are times when the ideal chosen sites for placing individual dental bridges do not have enough bones to support the implants, or the area is too close to the sinus floor, an experienced dentist may choose to place two implants on each side of the missing teeth to support a bridge.
Sometimes for financial reasons, to replace multiple missing teeth, instead of placing individual implants for each missing tooth, there is an option of having an implant bridge which requires less implant placements and therefore presents some cost savings.
Implant bridge procedures at our clinic
The procedures for this treatment are the same as other dental implant procedures:
- Consultation with Dr. Andrew Sih who will examine, discuss and explain the cost and the actual treatment options. Radiographs and CT scan are essential for Dr. Andrew Sih and Dr. Terry Yuen to understand more about the bone thickness and quality, so as to determine the exact location for the placement of the required implants.
- A second consultation with Dr. Terry Yuen for further discussions and determine if bone grafting is required.
- Surgical procedures to place implants in the jaw bone by Dr. Terry Yuen. A temporary bridge may be required to help maintain normal look and function of the mouth during the 4-5 months for integration to take place.
- Exposure of implant screws and placement of abutments in readiness for the final prosthesis.
- Exposure of implant screws and placement of abutements.
- Impressions made for the implant bridge
- Insertion of implant bridge
If you would like more information on implant bridges, please call Bondi Dental in Sydney and make an appointment with Dr. Andrew Sih at 1 300 988 010.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from appropriately qualified health practitioner.