Affordable Porcelain Veneers at Bondi Dental in Sydney
Many people come to Bondi Dental for cosmetic dentistry services such as dental veneers. Veneers are a common type of cosmetic dentistry treatment that can be used to improve the shape, colour and overall appearance of your teeth.
There are a few different types of dental veneers, and depending on the overall condition of your teeth, our cosmetic dentist will help recommend the right solution for your needs.
Call Bondi Dental on 1300 988 010 to arrange a consultation.
Why dental veneers?
You may consider dental veneers for many reasons. Veneers are used to improve the overall appearance of your smile. If you’ve ever felt self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth, want a beautiful smile but have one or several of the following conditions:
- Discoloured teeth or stains on your teeth
- Your teeth that are worn down, chipped or broken
- There are noticeable gaps between your teeth
- Your teeth are misaligned or crooked
Then our affordable dental veneers may be the answer for you.
Dental veneers are used to:
- Restore fractured or discoloured teeth.
- Close gaps between teeth
- Lengthen worn teeth caused by night grinding
- Straighten misaligned or crooked teeth
- Correct yellow teeth that are dark and cannot be whitened or bleached
- Correct bite which had been damaged or caused by other dental procedures
Bondi Dental offers the two major types of cosmetic dental veneers:
- Porcelain veneers
- Laminated composite veneers
Call Bondi Dental on 1300 988 010 to find out more about our veneer options.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are wafer thin shells of porcelain bonded to the front teeth to correct bites or enhance smiles. They can mask imperfections on your front teeth, and successfully improve your smiles, making you more confident about yourself and your overall appearance.
What is the procedure for porcelain veneers?
The procedure involves an initial consultation with Dr. Andrew Sih. He will first examine the condition of your mouth to make sure that there are no decays or gum problems, which must be fixed before any cosmetic procedures begin. The high quality, yet relatively cheap porcelain veneers from Bondi Dental in Sydney are designed to mask cosmetic issues - not health issues.
He will then discuss with you your overall goals for your cosmetic dentistry treatment addressing the following issues:
- what do you want to change about your smile?
- what is your "ideal smile"?
- what are the best shapes and colours of the veneers in relation to your facial features, age and character?
He will even do a quick mock-up of the new teeth to give you an idea of how you will look with your new smile.
Call Bondi Dental on 1300 988 010 to arrange your first veneers consultation.
In the 2nd visit, Dr. Andrew Sih will prepare your teeth and make a model of your teeth (called an "impression") in order to fit the veneer properly. This impression will be used by our dental laboratory for fabrication of the veneer. A temporary veneer will be placed over the prepared tooth surface while the porcelain veneers are being processed in the laboratory.
In the third visit, the dentist will place the veneers into your mouth, making sure that the fit and appearance are correct. You will have a chance to check the shapes, sizes and colour of the veneers before they are bonded.
The technique and the type of bonding material used are of vital importance to prevent the veneers from falling off in the future. Your teeth will be cleaned, polished and etched to allow for a strong bond with the dental adhesive - veneers are meant to stay on for a long time, so this has to be done properly.
At the end of this session you will leave Dr. Andrew Sih's surgery with a bright, new, happy smile.
A follow-up visit will be required after a few weeks for Dr. Andrew Sih to ensure that the fit is still correct and that your gums are adjusting to the presence of the new veneers.
Call Bondi Dental on 1300 988 010 to arrange your veneers appointment.
What are the advantages of porcelain veneers?
- Porcelain veneers are durable and less likely to stain
- The colour of porcelain veneers are more stable and uniform
- Porcelain veneers can be brushed, flossed and treated just like natural teeth
What are the disadvantages of porcelain veneers?
- Timing: the process, which requires preparing and sometimes cutting the teeth, and fabrication by the laboratory, may take a couple of weeks to complete.
- Cost: the cost of porcelain veneers is double the cost of composite veneers.
- Durability: porcelain veneers may have to be replaced due to cracking, leaking, chipping, and if not prepared correctly, the tooth/teeth under the veneer may decay, and gum line may shrink.
- They may also be damaged due to teeth grinding
- If the veneers are not properly bonded, they may come off.
Another option to dental porcelain veneers is “laminated composite veneers” which are layers of tooth coloured materials applied to your teeth by our skilled and experience cosmetic dentist. Laminated composite veneers do not come off because they are permanently bonded to your teeth, any future chips or breakage can be easily repaired by reapplying the same material onto the veneer.
For more information on porcelain veneers, or to schedule an appointment, please contact Bondi Dental on 1300 988 010.